Friday, November 26, 2010
Lets go ride the Long Tail
After reading this week article about the "Long Tail", I could not wonder about how this would effect me. I am not a normal online shopper unless I am getting my CCV books on the school site. I have kept up with online shopping and all that it has to offer because my aunt does a lot of shopping on my dad's side of the family, and also I have looked at some of the sites they talk about in the article like Itunes, Walmart, and ect. But over the last two years have made me think about maybe starting to shop online more. This past summer, I went to my best friend's house and his mom was talking about a food she use to eat, when she was younger. She told me how it has been years since she saw the food she liked in Vermont. I told her if she remember the company's name then type it in Google. So she did and as soon as she did it pop up. Since that time, I to have looked up somethings that I like and just like my friend's mom it to pop up. So now that I have found somethings I thought, I would never find again in Vermont, makes me want to do some more online shopping. As for the entertainment side of things like music and movies, I have found Netflex and Itunes something I am going to sign up for. I have known about both companies for sometime now, and have study them from friends that are using both companies, and personal research. When the article talks about how it is 99 cents per track, well I think that is a good price because everyone has to get paid some how. So I say if your not on the "Long Tail" now, you will soon be just like me. The way technology is today compare to back then, time will only tell, but one thing is for sure and that is the fact that the Internet makes shopping, entertainment, ect to a whole new way we interact with one another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Mike Online shopping is fantastic! especially when your out to impress the ladies, I mean you can by the same stuff online, off from a site like ebay for way less then you have money left to take them out to dinner! good luck my man.
ReplyDelete