Friday, December 10, 2010

Remix that copyright shortie

Copyrights is a tricky thing to follow. With so many saying what we can and can not do, I wounder about remixes. I have heard music remix, watch video mash ups, and see photos tweaked to fit the remix part of the law. Even though Stephen Colbert made fun of Lawrence Lessig, and I did laugh a few times but when it comes down to it is remixing breaking the copyright law. When I think of the answer for this, I think back to the famous Obama poster that was made. I think when someone remix your work and does not use it for money or any time of commercial use then it should be find, but if they do then they should get the original artist's ok before doing so. I believe even if someone is selling a remix that they should say who the original artist is and even share half the money to them. I know if I spent a lot of time working on my song that I am working on now and someone remix it without telling me then I would get mad just like anyone, but if they remix it and for some reason it got me known faster then I would be ok with it however as long as they tell people that I am the artist. But when it comes down to it, do we really want to hear a lot of news about remixing and who is in trouble doing it, I know I do not. One of the things I try doing because I am a facebooker, is try not to post so many pictures of me online or any other media that people can just take without me saying so first, it's hard to do but I try to.

No comments:

Post a Comment