Friday, September 24, 2010
The next 5,000 days of the web
The video I watch was called "the next 5,000 days of the web" by Kevin Kelly. This short video clip made a lot really good facts about where the web was to compare to where it may go. This video was made in 2007, so from then to now I have notice some of things he was talking about to take place like the needs for the web to be on cell phones. I remember just a few years ago the web on a cell phone was limited to just the phone's home page to get ring tones, wallpaper, and themes. Now you can get Netflixs on your cell phone so that just shows the needs for other media interacting with one another. I like what lesson 1 says, "Have to get better in believing the impossible." I think once we start to do this it will help everyone be more aware of what the next years to come may be like. Another thing that really got to me about what Kevin said with his math about "the machine." It was something when he talked about in the next 30 years how the example of one machine=1HB(human brain) will be 6 billion HB. I found that amazing. Overall good short video to watch with lots of facts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Mike,
ReplyDeleteI too found it interesting that even within the 3 years that it has been since Kelly put this video out, that things are already starting to go they way he guessed. I also blogged about how amazing the technology is becoming, especially hand held technology in cell phones. An iphone is basically a hand help computer. Its insane how far technology has come in such a short period of time, yet it is crazy and confusing that society doesn't find it amazing at all.