Friday, October 29, 2010

Hans Rosling

After watching Hans Rosling presentation of the third-world myths, I found this useful material very helpful to watch. Hans gave a lot of great information on the third-world myths. One of the things I like from his presentation how he uses some humor to keep the audiences interested into the presentation. I think the technology he used was some what like a flash video presentation which I believe helped explain what he wanted to say in his presentation. I think it helped because he could really talk in depth of the data he was talking about compare to just using images or charts. I like how when he talked about different years and how the myths were compare from then to now, but what I really like about the comparing of the different years is how with in the video it change with the years as well as the data at the same time. Another thing I like what Hans said is about data. When I was listening to him about data, it made a lot of since that data is out there but to reach it you have to do so much like have passwords, and ect. I find that very true because I know when I am looking for data on the web its hard to do. For example this last summer I took a class that require me to look up some data, and I was having a very hard time trying to do this. So since I had a hard time with that data that I was trying to find, I had to find a different topic to write about which I did find data for but it just shows that with different data out there, some are harder to find compare to other. Either way I agree with Hans on how data should be more available to everyone. I believe that if data becomes more available to everyone, not only will it be easier for everyone to get but also help everyone understand the data out there more clearly. After watching this movie I can take away a lot from it. One of the things I will be taking away is how to use more media in my presentation then just using images. I know my presentation well not be at the same level as Hans but I sure could try and the more I use Power Points then maybe some day it will be as good as Hans. So in other words my goal for my presentations is to improve them and to some day get close if not as good as Hans. I really like watch this movie very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment